Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Volvic Challenge

Yes, this is a Buxton bottle.. sue me!

I began the Volvic challenge when it first came about back in 2009 or 2010, and despite needing to visit the bathroom every half an hour I found it did help me feel better, however at that point I was desperately trying to lose weight so I was drinking, no downing water like it was going out of fashion so I saw it as more of a chore. 

It was not until June of this year that I was kickstarted back into wanting to regain a healthy(ish) lifestyle, so the first step I took to achieve this was to increase my water intake. The whole point of the Volvic Challenge was to drink a 1 litre or 1.5 litres of water a day, ultimately to see what difference it made to your life, your day, your weight etc and was also a ploy to make you buy more of their water, but never mind that.. So I've been drinking in and around 1-1.5 litres most days since the 10th July. I know I say I started in June but that was a bit of a false start since I began a healthy eating/drinking regime and then my boyfriend came to stay with me for a few days and that healthy kick got kicked back a few weeks.. But since the 10th July I have noticed some differences to how I feel etc. The main difference I've noticed is that I do eat a lot less since drinking water is an appetite suppressor its a given that eating less is a thing that would occur, my skin has also cleared up because I am prone to getting spots on my back and sometimes my chest and they have definitely cleared up I never used to get that many on my face but I have way less breakouts now, although this week my skin seems to be acting up a little bit but this has not happened for a while now.. 


And finally I have noticed a little bit of weight loss, now I'm not looking to lose weight I just wish to maintain the weight I'm at now, but if I do lose weight in the process then y'know.. thats fine. I'm not sure if its legit weight or water weight or just a feeling of being empty from not feeling hungry all the time but I do feel a little more slender



To keep track of my water intake and daily food intake I tend to keep a food diary, where I write down what time I woke up that day, what I ate and at what time, and I write down if I did any exercise and how long I spent doing that, and once a week on a Thursday or a Friday I write an 'update' on how I feel at the end of that week, how well I think I did and I total up how many days of the week I drank 1 litre of water. 


To easily keep track of how much water I've drank I put a little star in the top right corner of the page to indicate that I consumed 1 litre


Also from tackling the volvic challenge a couple of years ago and going on a major diet I've learned which foods I know I can live without and which I can't, for example I know that I can live without crisps and fizzy pop but find it difficult to cope without chocolate, especially when it comes to that time of the month.. and cheese, its bad I know, but I put cheese on most things but if I fancy cheese I'll have it and won't deny myself because I've learned that through denying yourself of something it makes you want it more so if you just go ahead and have a piece of cheese then your craving will be satisfied and all will be well.

I've also been asked how I remember to drink that much water a day and all I do is keep a bottle by my bed and fill it up every night in case I need a drink during the night and then I fill it up again in the morning and just cart it around with me everywhere and just sip from it throughout the day. I don't count tea as part of my 1 litre either, I literally only drink water or tea, but tea is basically just water and milk isn't all that bad for you so all in all I drink probably nearer 2 litres of liquid a day, and as a result I am never off the toilet, but nevermind! 


Did anybody else tackle the Volvic challenge?

No comments:

Post a Comment